Saturday, February 21, 2009

Prison Gate



My boyfriend tells me that he much prefers discovering things about the prison building than prison life. So here's a picture of the gate to Woking Invalid Convict Prison just for him. Of course, this picture was taken after it became Inkerman Barracks. But it's the same gate that the prisoners would have been taken through, and the same bell tower they would have looked at every day while trudging round the exercise yard ...

And, in fact, I suspect the picture was taken just yards from our front door. The road the photographer is standing in looks suspiciously like ours with some grass to the left and what looks like a wall to the right. Woo hoo.



1 comment:

  1. I'm reading your blog and loving it :) I live probably a few doors from you! :) woo go Raglan Rd! So interesting!!!!

    ReplyDelete